Animosity Forum | Animosity Blog | Campaign wargaming for fun

Legions of Chaos!

All general chat relating to Warhammer Fantasy Battle goes here.

Legions of Chaos!

Postby Llamafish » 23 Nov 2014, 14:16

Just reading up on the Legion of Choas - Quiet happy as i get to use minotaurs without having to have a beastman army! Still my CD are left out in the cold (or wastes) and not mentioned in the LoC, Can anyone think of a reason why CD shouldnt be part of the Legion and would it bother you if some one used them in a LoC list?
Llamafish
Master of the Administratum

Re: Legions of Chaos!

Postby venerabledread » 23 Nov 2014, 14:27

Because they're not available in the GW mainline, they're not included. I'm not bothered either way, but I'm dead chilled and easy going!
venerabledread

Postby Vraksianrebel » 24 Nov 2014, 02:12

Since when?
Personally I don't have a problem with it but that will depend a lot on balance.
Mixing CD with certain WoC units and beastmen at end with a op army
Vraksianrebel

Postby Llamafish » 24 Nov 2014, 09:02

Vraksianrebel wrote:Since when?
Personally I don't have a problem with it but that will depend a lot on balance.
Mixing CD with certain WoC units and beastmen at end with a op army

Of course - Quiet a bit of chat about OP lists on the internet (I must admit it was mostly Elf based) but I really didnt understand Elves... Apprently Beast of Nurgle are OP, I look at them and dont get that either.
Llamafish

Postby Vraksianrebel » 24 Nov 2014, 10:35

Yeah I do like the combination of army lists that are coming out with all these books however in gaming terms I think it really does open up some horrendous lists.
Vraksianrebel

Postby Craig » 24 Nov 2014, 10:40

Nothing the Chaos Dwarves bring to the table will result in lists as hideous as the Elves. Can you imagine armies with 8 Repeater Bolt Throwers (4 High, 4 Dark) plus all the other funky stuff Elves can bring to the party?

If you have any issues with the Legion list not being accepted, you can always run pretty much the same thing from Tamurkhan's Great Host. I believe the only thing you're missing is the Marks on beast units.
Craig
Stormboy

Postby bigbadbo » 24 Nov 2014, 21:00

On page 167 in the Tamurkhan book it states that Chaos Dwarfs can be used as an extension to WoC

prob not mentioned in the Glottkin as part of the Legion of chaos due to political reasons, i would except a FAQ from Forge World if Tamurkhan doesn't go out of print
bigbadbo
One of da boyz

Postby Craig » 25 Nov 2014, 12:39

Outside of a tournament I don't see any real issue. In a Legion list you already have Skull Cannons (which are better than Chaos Dwarf guns), Exalted Flamers on Chaiots and Hellcannons. The three main lists have better infantry, better cavalry, and equal or better artillery in many cases. All you gain, is an awesome looking army, and Ashstorm. :)
Craig
Stormboy

Postby Llamafish » 14 Dec 2014, 10:18

Email answer to the End Times question -

"Thanks for your email. The Chaos Dwarf rules, being written before the End Times, are designed to be played as presented in Tamurkhan and so technically none of the End Times rules would cross over. That being said however, Please feel free to agree any amendments amongst your friends if you want to enjoy End Times rules with your Chaos Dwarf collection."
Llamafish

Return to General - WHFB