Animosity Forum | Animosity Blog | Campaign wargaming for fun

NAGASH!

All general chat relating to Warhammer Fantasy Battle goes here.

NAGASH!

Postby venerabledread » 03 Sep 2014, 11:52

Anybody got the book/rules/mini?

Care to drop a quick review for us?
venerabledread
Master of the Administratum

Re: NAGASH!

Postby Llamafish » 03 Sep 2014, 12:09

Simon/Matt and David have him from what i heard.

Think his going to be able to churn out an army single handed with the lore of undeath!
Llamafish

Postby venerabledread » 03 Sep 2014, 12:17

White Dwarf certainly gave that impression...
venerabledread

Postby sambuca01 » 05 Sep 2014, 14:31

I've got the book and so far the fluff, story, artwork etc is all top notch imo. I was always a fan of Nagash and had the old clown model along with old Undead book many moons ago. I like this incantation of him and think he can be devastating in the right game. Both in magic and in combat.
I've done some roll offs with dice but not had a actual game yet with him. I think in combat he will be tough and dangerous. Like any big monster in this edition he is still very vulnerable to cannons or even massed archers. A 4+ ward is great but if you have to roll for say 30 of them from a mass of shooting you are still going down. Wood Elves will shoot the holy c**p out of him. Any Archmage which gets a chance to hit him with Death or Shadow magic and take his toughness down leaves him wide open to even s3/s4 shooting. Having said all that though, he still has the protection of his own magic, light, shadow, death all work well for him. He can probably utilise his own magic and brute strength to get himself into advantageous positions and turn the tide of battle, or take those death wizards out who are gunning for him. I'd be using Dire Wolves or Vargheists to hunt the enemy war machines before they get chance to cripple him. I will also be taking 1 or 2 Vampiric spells every time. I know there are better choices for his valuable spells, but the lore attribute for him is insane. If he can keep those big wounds topped up he will be able to stomp around winning you the game. His casting potential is immense and the new Undeath lore seems purpose built for him. I think on any other wizard it's possibly not really worth taking. Point for point though I think tournaments will see Mannfred or Neferata. They both seem very solid to me. I've always been a fan of Mannfred and he now seems colossus !
sambuca01
Runt

Postby Vraksianrebel » 05 Sep 2014, 15:12

David and I picked up the model for nagash to share. Haven't built him yet but it's a really nice kit and hopefully he'll look as awesome as I think he will once he's finished
Vraksianrebel

Postby sambuca01 » 05 Sep 2014, 15:36

I've built him myself, he's mahoosive. Best to leave some of the etheral whisps off and paint them seperate I reckon I'm leaving the bone things off as well so I can get to his back properly. That's my plan anyway, but I'm hardly a prolific painter..
sambuca01
Runt

Postby venerabledread » 05 Sep 2014, 16:15

Either of you guys want to throw his sword at me... I'm hoping it would fit scale wise with fw bloodthirster!
venerabledread

Postby sambuca01 » 07 Sep 2014, 10:25

I love the sword and have used it on mine I'm afraid. Not as keen on the staff. Looks like a bit of a girly fan :)
sambuca01
Runt

Postby SirTainly » 08 Sep 2014, 11:08

I have the rules - pm me if you want them.
SirTainly
Nob wiv loadsa dakka!

Postby Vraksianrebel » 25 Sep 2014, 08:03

sadly he does look a lot better with the sword
Vraksianrebel

Return to General - WHFB