Animosity Forum | Animosity Blog | Campaign wargaming for fun

Jarius Wright Jersey

Just fancy chatting rubbish? Feel free to do it here...

Jarius Wright Jersey

Postby linchao » 19 Jun 2019, 03:11

It’s no secret that one of the biggest needs the Panthers have entering the 2019 offseason is a pass rusher. We’ve talked about this already on Cat Scratch Reader Jarius Wright Jersey , but one of the easiest ways for the Panthers to add defensive ends to their depleted depth chart is through the NFL Draft. Last Monday, Dan Kadar of SB Nation had the Panthers adding depth to their secondary with the No. 16 overall pick, but this week he has changed his prediction to give the Panthers a pass rusher.I briefly talked about Polite earlier today, and said the following:There are scenarios where Polite makes it to No. 16 https://www.carolinapanthersfanshop.com/Da_Norris-Searcy-Jersey , and if he’s there the Panthers will have a tough decision to make on drafting him. Here’s a little more info on Polite, courtesy of WalterFootball, who lists Polite as the No. 5 defensive end in this year’s class:My takeI won’t be mad if the Panthers take Polite No. 16 overall, unless there’s another can’t miss prospect who fits the roster better. Unless Nick Bosa somehow falls in the draft or the left tackle of the future is still sitting there on the board Greg Van Roten Color Rush Jersey , I can’t be too upset at Marty Hurney for trying to upgrade the pass rush, which is an absolute clear need for the Panthers. I’m a little concerned that Polite is more of a 3-4 outside linebacker than a 4-3 defensive end, but I’m also not a paid NFL scout so if professionals think he can handle the job I’ll take a wait and see approach before overreacting. (By the way, y’all should try that sometime. It makes life a lot easier. Not calling anyone in particular out https://www.carolinapanthersfanshop.com , just handing out free advice.)What do you think about the Panthers getting Polite at No. 16? Do you think it would be a good pick? Why or why not? Share your thoughts! The signing of Daryl Williams likely prompted the team to terminate the contract of the much maligned offensive lineman before they owed him another dime."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomCarolina Panthers release offensive tackle Matt KalilNew,403commentsThe signing of Daryl Williams likely prompted the team to terminate the contract of the much maligned offensive lineman before they owed him another dime.EDTShareTweetShareShareCarolina Panthers release offensive tackle Matt KalilBob Donnan-USA TODAY SportsUPDATE: This move is now official, per the team Twitter feed. And yes, it is designated as a post June-1st cut.Per Ian Rapoport on Twitter Carolina Panthers Customized Jerseys , the Carolina Panthers upon finalizing the contract for Daryl Williams this afternoon have released offensive tackle Matt Kalil.The writing was pretty much on the wall since yesterday that this move was incoming, but some reports earlier today (ironically from the same source) indicated that might not be the case.Still, if I understand the situation correctly (and it is a complicated one), from a cap perspective even though the $7 million salary was not going to become guaranteed because he has not yet passed a physical Carolina Panthers T-Shirts , he was still going to be guaranteed an additional $1 million dollars just for existing by the end of the day today. Rather than let even that happen, Marty Hurney pulled the trigger on cutting the bait, line, and sinker since it was already wrapped around the pier anyway.I still think we would have been better off keeping him on the roster due to the amount of dead money we were going to incur either way https://www.carolinapanthersfanshop.com/hats , but now the move is made and at the very least, we can stop dwelling on Matt Kalil in about five days or so. Anyway, pour one sip out for Ryan Kalil’s lil bro in your celebrating tonight.
linchao
Madboy!

Return to Off topic forum