Animosity Forum | Animosity Blog | Campaign wargaming for fun

Cobblestone Roads

The place for showing off conversions or tutorials for making cool stuff!

Cobblestone Roads

Postby Llamafish » 01 Aug 2014, 12:10

I thinking of doing a large project for a gaming weekend.

I wondering of a easy/cheap method of doing cobble paths.

At the moment I am thinking spurs for kerb stone, and pea gravel for cobbles. Then using PVA glue to fix them in place. Grey halfords primer, wash and quickly dry brush with a lighter grey

Only issue - I am thinking doing this for a 4ft*4ft section... obviously have some town house etc on the streets....
Llamafish
Master of the Administratum

Re: Cobblestone Roads

Postby Vraksianrebel » 01 Aug 2014, 22:17

What size is the pea gravel?
Vraksianrebel

Postby Llamafish » 01 Aug 2014, 22:38

fuck knows - aint looked at it - guessing pea sized!

need to look into it really :)
Llamafish

Postby WargamingHQ » 02 Aug 2014, 16:48

You could coat the whole board in a thick layer of PVA and then drag lines through it when it gets tacky? Not sure if this will work as I have only done it small scale for doorsteps on scenery I have made. Alternatively card (thin A4 white card would do or 100 gsm paper) cut in to lots of cobble shapes and then stick them on the board with PVA. Then spray black/dark grey and then drybrush to bring them out. I'd even add a green and some brown patches of a wash in places before drybrushing. It would be time consuming but would look good.

In fact you could do this with any thickness of card as long as they are all the same, so amazon packaging (which is corrugated in the middle). This would allow you to squash some of them before you spray them and give an impression of uneven sections that might have sunk over time. This will look more like flag stones but if you round the edges it will look like cobbles.

Trust me it works. Just has to be sprayed black and wet brushed grey then dry brushed bone or pale gray.
Stomp stomp stomp STOMP STOMP!
WargamingHQ
One of da boyz

Return to Conversions & custom models