Animosity Forum | Animosity Blog | Campaign wargaming for fun

Deathguard legion

Got any wargaming projects? Big or small, we want to hear about it! All project logs go in here.

Re: Deathguard legion

Postby Llamafish » 23 Dec 2014, 19:40

Great fun all round! Would been interesting if I got the first turn how much that game might have changed!

But still great to see all you models out to play!
Llamafish
Master of the Administratum

Postby Deathguard nick » 23 Dec 2014, 21:05

Llamafish wrote:Great fun all round! Would been interesting if I got the first turn how much that game might have changed!

But still great to see all you models out to play!

I'd have died in huge numbers the first turn loss of the macro cannon really put you on the back foot!
Deathguard nick
Nob wiv loadsa dakka!

Postby Deathguard nick » 27 Dec 2014, 12:34

Looking forward to the next big battle against matt's orks on the 30th.
Deathguard nick
Nob wiv loadsa dakka!

Postby Deathguard nick » 28 Dec 2014, 10:22

Thanks to some guidance from Mark and Nic I've finally gotten on to the "battle scribe" bandwagon. It's a brilliant but dangerous thing, I've found myself doing so many different lists as it's so easy to do. Unfortunately now I've ended up with a big list of must have new units!
Deathguard nick
Nob wiv loadsa dakka!

Postby Deathguard nick » 26 Jan 2015, 10:49

Mark and I had a 3k game on Saturday and its fare to say that the ad-mec destroyed me.
I'd been tabled by turn 5 and VP wise it was a dismissal 15-3 I think, brutal to say the least.
I was really unlucky with my reserve roles and mark was able to target and destroy with ruthless efficiency the few units I had that could damage his warhound.
On a plus note the game has motivated me to sort out my own titans, double turbo destructor's rule the table!!
Next time I'll make sure I don't turn up to a gun fight welding a bunch of daffodil's!
Deathguard nick
Nob wiv loadsa dakka!

Postby Llamafish » 26 Jan 2015, 14:28

15-1... think u only killed off the Tech thralls...

Yeah Warhound at 3k level is brutal, hopefully next time I get my Ad Mech forces up to 3k and get to drop the warhound. Hopefully next time more leveled game!
Llamafish
Master of the Administratum

Postby Deathguard nick » 26 Jan 2015, 15:53

oh bugger that's even more depressing. I thought the grave warden's had managed to finish off the last of the sectors and thallaxi
Deathguard nick
Nob wiv loadsa dakka!

Postby Deathguard nick » 15 Feb 2015, 10:08

So work on the XIV th continues, I've made good progress on two more vehicles, a 3rd landraider and sicarian battle tank and with a push on Tuesday I should be able to get them finished.

Next will be terminators, lots of terminators! After playing ZM the terminator is definitely king so it's time to pull my finger out and get the rest of my collection assembled and painted!

Unfortunately I've got to move back to troops when they're done, don't get me wrong I like painting them but it's just a grind due to ghe numbers involved, 40 tatical marines and 25 heavy support marines!

I do feel like I'm coming to the end of my legion though, I'd like to add an assault squad, spartan and a sicarian ventilator. ..........
Deathguard nick
Nob wiv loadsa dakka!

Postby Iamthedarklord » 16 Feb 2015, 07:33

Deathguard nick wrote:So work on the XIV th continues, I've made good progress on two more vehicles, a 3rd landraider and sicarian battle tank and with a push on Tuesday I should be able to get them finished.

Next will be terminators, lots of terminators! After playing ZM the terminator is definitely king so it's time to pull my finger out and get the rest of my collection assembled and painted!

Unfortunately I've got to move back to troops when they're done, don't get me wrong I like painting them but it's just a grind due to ghe numbers involved, 40 tatical marines and 25 heavy support marines!

I do feel like I'm coming to the end of my legion though, I'd like to add an assault squad, spartan and a sicarian ventilator. ..........

The venator is a lovely model.
So you think darkness is your Ally?
Iamthedarklord
Stormboy

Postby Deathguard nick » 16 Feb 2015, 09:28

With rules to match, forcing super heavy's to snap fire is brutal for a comparatively cheap model!
Deathguard nick
Nob wiv loadsa dakka!

PreviousNext

Return to Project logs