Animosity Forum | Animosity Blog | Campaign wargaming for fun

Astra Miltitarum

Got any wargaming projects? Big or small, we want to hear about it! All project logs go in here.

Astra Miltitarum

Postby Ramshackle_Curtis » 14 May 2014, 10:29

I have just about finished my Astra Militarum force. I need to get the second Leman Russ painted up, but Im too excited about the army so want to post it now!

Here is a group shot that I think I posted up before. It shows the infantry platoon plus one of the two Hellhounds. So its a platoon with 2 units of 10, a command section, 3 las cannons, 3 missile teams and 3 chimeras:

Well onto the new images! I did a photo shoot the other day. Fist up is the Infantry platoon command squad. They have flamers all round plus a heavy flamer, with a chimera to go with them. I call them the wasps! The second vehicle is a hellhound, painted to match.

Now more of the troops, the 2 infantry squads with their chimeras. They have flamers as the special weapons, although I notice I have accidentally put one of the melta gun dudes in there too.. You can see the Leman Russ in the background too.

My second troop choice is a unit of vets, armed with 2 melta guns and a plasma gun. I did them in a complimentary camo colour. I tried to match the colour of the static grass I used on the model bases!

Next to show is my HQ choice, a bog standard HQ unit.I may give these a chimera, as I couldnt afford it points wise in the old guard codex, but now I can! ANyway, its a range support unit, so a sniper rifle and lascannon team. I wanted to make the lascannon a cool looking veteran, wielding the gun old school shoulder mounted Rambo style. So hard core!

Now to show my second fast attack. I wanted 2 Hellhounds. The first was painted to go with the yellow and black section. The second was the last of the chimera chassis I needed. I wanted to paint it in standard brown/grey, but wanted it a bit different so I thought I would try to do some heavy battle damage. I tried to make it look like it had got loads of soot on itself from a really close use of its flame cannon! Then its been shot up by bolter rounds. I think it worked.

Finally for this post, a look at my Leman Russ. I will have 2, I still have to glue and paint the second one. Im not sure wether to run these as two heavy support choices or as the HQ choice with tank commander. Hmm. I dont really like the rules for squadrons, but I guess that may all change on the 24th......and Im not sure on what weapons. I have done interchangable ones. So not magnets, but holes on one side and wire rods glued in the other side. They are held in with wax.

I do have, as I said, some heavy wepons teams in the army too. Im not showing them now as the photos came out really badly focused! Anyway, you can see them in the top group shot.
Ramshackle_Curtis
Runt

Re: Astra Miltitarum

Postby chilledmonkeybrains » 14 May 2014, 10:55

Mate, that's some awesome stuff you got there. You really must bring it along to the Ramde Insurrection on 21st/22nd June! :)
My sculpting blog: chilledmonkeybrains.com
chilledmonkeybrains
Master of the Administratum

Postby Ramshackle_Curtis » 14 May 2014, 11:03

This forum has oddly cropped the images.....
Ramshackle_Curtis
Runt

Postby chilledmonkeybrains » 14 May 2014, 11:06

Yeah, we need to fix that...

Stuff still looks good though!
My sculpting blog: chilledmonkeybrains.com
chilledmonkeybrains

Postby Jimmy » 14 May 2014, 11:08

Awesome stuff!
Welcome to the Guard...
Jimmy
Madboy!

Postby Ramshackle_Curtis » 14 May 2014, 11:18

Well, you can right click>open image in new tab I guess....
Ramshackle_Curtis
Runt

Postby Llamafish » 14 May 2014, 11:24

Seem to be displaying on my phone.

Oh hi Curtis! Glad you find us :-). Matt def interested in some grubbins btw- but we talk bout that else where!
Llamafish

Postby venerabledread » 14 May 2014, 11:50

That's a lovely yellow...

Great images!
venerabledread

Postby SirTainly » 14 May 2014, 12:49

Good to see you here Curtis! Great job on the IG guys, andg ood to see all those toxic type guys getting a 40k outing. Are you still abroad or will we see you at an Animosity event any time soon?

That reminds me need to order some of your mole-men (snouted gas mask guys) types for my Stormtroopers. While I think of it, any plans to offer the Iron Brothers with the mole type gas masks?

Simon

PS You'll see all the Ork stuff I made with your bits at our old forum:

http://www.animosity40k.proboards.com/t ... xes-winter
SirTainly
Nob wiv loadsa dakka!

Postby Llamafish » 14 May 2014, 12:56

Simon you should re post that thread on here! Some those tanks are amusing!
Llamafish

Next

Return to Project logs